2 fire belly toads

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
anyone have reptile tanks or preferably a home for 2 Fire Belly Toads? I got them when the girlfriend wanted a terrarium, but the frogs have begun to mate... they croak and make sex sounds. The tank is in the living room and she really doesn't want the terrarium anymore, so i'm tearin' it down for another saltwater tank!!!! But... for now i have to get rid of 2 FBT's. I have some moss crap that they like.. i can package up as much as i can salvage. a quick rinse and back in it goes was the directions and they love hanging out on it. Id prefer to find them a good home rather than ask for $. but wouldn't be opposed to a frag trade? :) they weren't free for me... paid about $40 for the 2 toads, the moss, cricket food and water, 2 grass pads that go in the water they like to lay on and some white rocks for them. Take all the stuff for them please!!!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Man, our last FBT just passed away a couple months ago and i broke the tank down, i used to breed em, I totally would have taken these. There cool little frogs, pretty easy to take care of as well. Someone should snag these up no problem

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
hopefully... and as far as breeding goes i mean i got 2 at the store and best "sexing" info i found was females have less bumpy backs. so i picked 2 frogs according to that info and now i have a pair i guess. but hey... guess thats a selling point if they breed pretty regularly!! lol. how often do they?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I had 6 at one time, i couldnt tell you males from females, i heard and read the bump thing as well, but they all looked the same to me. They would breed fairly regularly between the 6. New clutch of eggs every couple of weeks. You can lower the temp in the tank a bit, it can help to keep them from mating, but may not stop them, if your using a day lamp you can cut the on time back as well, basically simulate the changing of seasons.