250w DE metal halide bulbs?

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just picked up a coralife aqua pro that runs two 250w DE metal halides. It also has two 96w PC florescents. Any replacement bulb recommendations?

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys. I am guessing the 20k hamilton is going to have more blues than the 14k phoenix, is that right?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
neil82;360252 said:
Thanks guys. I am guessing the 20k hamilton is going to have more blues than the 14k phoenix, is that right?

From what I hear from Mike they are about the same color. Just a note: Phoenix 14k is a very blue bulb for being rated at 14,000k.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
neil82;360252 said:
To look at it the Hamilton 20k is identical to the Phoenix 14k. They are said to have a bit more par but I have no evidence of hat. My corals are liking them and doing well under them. Hamilton is running a good special on them to introduce them. They set out to make a replacement for the Phoenix when they were not making them. Hamilton also has great customer service.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hamilton 20k is just a bit higher, at least through BRS. They have a Hamilton 14k that is only $35. Has anyone tried that one out?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The Hamilton are cheaper from them. They are on special. Never seen the Hamilton 14k... The Phoenix is really a 20 k bulb IMHO.