72" diy led

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
anyone know how many choices I am going to have I'm looking for something slim and powerfull as I want to be able to look down into the tank also

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
72" diy led

Sumplimental lighting primary lighting? If primary need to grow corals or fish only

DyM;215749 said:
Rapid LED has some good kits. Also, might want to consider some of the multi chips (50w - 100w ones)

DRIVER MEANWELL options (http://www.powergatellc.com/led-power.html)

Multichips are VERY easy to work with and can be sourced for a very fair price. Great color variety. What size tank did you want to add this to?

Multichips are probably the cheapest and easiest option. Do you have a table saw or anything available?

I'm unsure. Heat sinks are quite important. If you use a large amount of LEDs, you'll have to add a fan to the heat sinks. I got my heat sinks for a $1/lb at a aluminum recycling place.

fc_reefer

Cleaner Shrimp
Go to stevesleds.com He has 60" tube heat sinks for $18 (not incl. shipping). Its as thin as you can get, and he has fans that plug into the end of the tube to cool it. You are fine having 6" from the last light to either side of the tank, which is what you really want anyways.