1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Advanced Aquarist - What happened?

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by Matt_Arian, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Matt_Arian

Matt_Arian Copepod

I haven't seen any new article submissions in almost a year. Does anyone know what's going on with the site? I always loved pouring through the articles just for poops and hee-haws... tons of good information.

2. Matt_Arian

Matt_Arian Copepod

EDIT: no submissions in 7 months.

3. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

No idea, but ya now that you mention it. Last edition I saw was at MACNA 2018

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  4. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I don't know anything specifically, this is kinda the way that stuff is going with advertisers spending their money on YouTube and FaceBook and not so much with places like Advance Aquarist. They seem to prefer the biased, shilling type of "advertising" like Reef Builders rather than informative and helpful "journalism" like AA or even WWM back in the day.

The great thing is that AA has a bunch of stuff that will always be salient as long as bacteria is bacteria and chemistry is chemistry.

Archit and Matt_Arian like this.