AI Hydra LED

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
uh oh..... I might be making switch soon!!! Thanks for the insight Khalis!!!!!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im glad i waited.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It'll also be interesting to see if there's a price-drop coming on the AI Sol. These run $100 cheaper than the Vegas with less control (7 channels vs 20), but have a wider spectrum than the Sols and are currently at the same price point.

jahmic;248914 said:
It'll also be interesting to see if there's a price-drop coming on the AI Sol. These run $100 cheaper than the Vegas with less control (7 channels vs 20), but have a wider spectrum than the Sols and are currently at the same price point.
I would love to see a price drop on the sols!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;249084 said:
imo too expensive for what you get.

Statement retracted. This is currently my choice for doing pre-built led fixtures for big tanks. Good color, spectrum, and price. Stomps Radeons hardcore. Unless your doing a nano, get the AI Hydra. For a Nano get a Maxspec Razor

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol. I'd been asking around but couldn't find anybody that had one to check out. I ended up going with the Radion...mainly because when I spoke with AI they were iffy on whether a single unit would provide enough light for my tank, and had no timeframe on the 50 degree lenses that I'd need due to the depth of my tank.

Lemme know if you guys find one on display somewhere, I'd definitely still like to check one out.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;261099 said:
Are these I interchangeable pucks
AI said these will have interchangeable pucks by November. They are built to be interchangeable but they don't sell the different pucks separately yet.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got to see one of these today and am seriously considering it for my 60g cube. I'm new to LED lights but have also heard great things about the evo 150w. Is one better than the other other than wattage? I'm looking to do primarily sps and a small amount of lps