AI Hydra vs AI Vega Vs Sol

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;295115 said:
So I snapped this bad cell phone pic of my tank so you can see the light spread on the hydra 52's. The lights were at roughly 40% on all channels when I took this. Overall I love the lamps though I do need a third to help cover the ends. The corals, fish and nems all look great and have actually colored up even more since I started using these new lamps. There's no spot lighting or discoball effects that I can see. The thunderstorms scare the crap out of my fish lmao but it's all in fun. I've been using the UV's at 1% for the moonlighting and it's working out nicely. I'm very pleased with the product. I guess in short YES I would recommend these lamps. Hydra 52 all the way! Yes I made my ghetto mounting rail lol.

Pics don't do this tank any justice.

cubuffs

Cleaner Shrimp
I have the Hydra and have mixed feelings about it. The light output does seem dim, but with the right settings, the corals explode with growth.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
cubuffs;297075 said:
I have the Hydra and have mixed feelings about it. The light output does seem dim, but with the right settings, the corals explode with growth.
yeah that's what i kept reading so i avoided those though i almost went with them a few times. I am really happy with the Hydra 52's though. Def. recommend them