Algae eating fish for 30 gallon.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am looking for some fish suggestions for my 30 gallon. I am having some gha issues and would like a fish that might help out. Why are your suggestions? Thanks for the help.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

MuralReef;248702 said:
I hear Rainford's gobies are good and they stay small.
I never knew rainsfords were an option. I'm gonna look into that for sure.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Having the same issue in my 28 and was thinking about getting a lawn mower. Should I expect any fighting with my yellow watchman goby?

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ThunderTwonk;248852 said:
Having the same issue in my 28 and was thinking about getting a lawn mower. Should I expect any fighting with my yellow watchman goby?
So the algae scrubber isn't helping?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;248854 said:
So the algae scrubber isn't helping?
Oh it helps a ton I am currently pulling a softbal size of turf algae ever week but it still not keeping up. Im very perplexed cannot figure out where it coming from.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
i bought a lawnmower from Aquamart when it was a baby, maybe 2" max and within 3 months he is now about 5 inches and is FAT. i had a ton of GHA in my tank and he demo'd it down and keeps it gone, he even nips at parts on the glass the snails miss. On the flip side with Lawnmowers... mine eats algae any chance he gets, but my roommate got a lawnmower from Aquamart, same size i had mine, and he put his in his tank with quite literally EVERY rock covered in GHA, not even one spot was open. His lawnmower wont touch the algae... waits and would starve waiting for flakes or food. Same fish from same vendor at same size... and they do completely different actions.

sum it up... lawnmowers are nice for my tank, but they get big fast, they get aggressive easily, and they are not a guaranteed cleaner.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

ThunderTwonk;248924 said:
Well I just picked up a lawnmower blenny from Elite . Well see how it goes.
Let me know how it goes. I am either going to try for an ember blenny or ill settle for a lawnmower.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
why didn't you try whipping it with your thundertwonk first?