All aboard...

Howdy folks!

I'm new around here, and new-ish to colorado. Moved up from Texas (No, I'm not one of those, I moved to texas from england, and to england from south africa), where I left the hobby. I used to have a plethora of tanks in my little house, but couldn't move them up to colorado with me. I also had the beginnings of an epic tank coming along which I'd started to build. I'd picked up a 120 gallon tank (2nd hand) refurbished the stand, the tank, and all the parts myself. I'd then procured a Bubble Magus NAC9, Huge reactors from NextReef, a bar full of Sol Blu's (before the Radeon was out), A ReefKeeper Elite, and a plethora of other bits and pieces, which when I got the new job to move up here, I chose to sell all of it to not have to worry about it being broken in the move :(

But now I'm back... I'm in the throws of starting a small build just to have some clowns, and a few other fish, maybe the odd stick or two... it's a slippery slope. Originally I was just looking for a nice little 29 gallon biocube for my office... and now I'm thinking a 75 with a 40 sump, and coral friendly lighting!

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Moving around makes sticking to it hard.. but sounds like you're use to that. One never quite leaves the hobby...

Welcome to CO

asn-naso;293496 said:
Thanks!

sethsolomon;293497 said:
Welcome! As for lighting, you should do 250w halides and LED blue accent lighting :)
Hah! I've only ever run T5's, and then went straight to LED's back when I was on the bleeding edge! One day when I'm grown up and have a big tank again, I'll do radeons.

DyM;293500 said:
Moving around makes sticking to it hard.. but sounds like you're use to that. One never quite leaves the hobby...

Welcome to CO
Yeah, hopefully I'm not leaving CO anytime soon... Had to sort of firesale my last tank. :(

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Welcome, glad you made it out of Texas :p

Just picked up a neat 110g tall acrylic tank and a bunch of other things! Some how I went from 'let's setup a 10g with some clowns' to 'how about a biocube' to 'how about a 40 breeder' to 'maybe a 75 or 90' to 'look honey I bought a 110'. My wife is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
:welcome:

You're in good company here! Most of us know exactly what it's like to go from a lil clown cottage to a big boy tank in the blink of an eye. And yes, sounds like your wife is awesome!! Welcome to her, too!

Thanks guys! I've been really impressed at how friendly everyone is in the hobby I've met here so far... Not my previous experiences outside of co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk