Anemone...Trimph and Tragedy...

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well my beautiful sunburst anem, had been seeming sick lately and wandering the tank a little.

Was lamenting what to do about it, when I noticed that I now had TWO sunburst anems! HOOORAY! My first anemone split!

Then the next day...mommy-nem-oneee...took a walkabout into the powerhead. :frown:

Sigh...I had control of this tank until I started adding LIVING things to it! What's up with that! So now I have a tiny little sunbust...trying to grow up. At least it split BEFORE it jumped into the grinder.

Grr....my next tank will have protections against this.

Nailgun...check...masonry nails...check...ok...NOW you are staying put!...

Happy reefing all!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Anemone...Trimph and Tragedy...

The BTA that got sucked up, chewed on by a powerhead and ripped out in a fit of anger by my other half and then subsequently spawned in my reef tank (the nem, not the other half, lol) killing a bunch of zoas is now thriving....just thought I would mention that a visit with the grinder doesn't always mean a trip to the porcelain throne. Sometimes they come back from the beyond....

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all!
Yeah, I did some big water changes straight away...everything else seems ok for now. Making note of this disaster as I doodle out my plumbing plans for future tanks...

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Anemone's don't get sucked into Vortech MP's do they? Seems like the strainer/covers are made of pretty small grooves, so hope not. My RBTA's stick close to the rockwork, don't wander much so I'm not worried.