Bacterial Bloom... Again?

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not getting much haze on the glass at all... Only have to clean it every 3-4 days. And I was thinking about po4 also but I'm not experiencing any type of algae outbreak. With po4 wouldn't I be seeing algae blooms?

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up some new test lots and a Hanna Checker for po4...

Salinity 1.025
ammonia: 0
no2: 0
no3: 0
alk: 7.7
Ph: 8.0
po4: 0.02

Even checked my WC and ATO and po4 is the same.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up some new test lots and a Hanna Checker for po4...

Salinity 1.025
ammonia: 0
no2: 0
no3: 0
alk: 7.7
Ph: 8.0
po4: 0.02

Even checked my WC and ATO and po4 is the same.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you tried any live bacteria supplements? I had good luck with microbe-lift...if it's a bacteria bloom I'm wondering if just getting something to outcompete it would help. Maybe even add some live rock from another tank to your system to see if some diversity helps.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've used stability a few times when I was cycling the tank and had a few pieces of live rock put in to seed the dry rock.

Since I got back home on Friday, I've done water changes daily, changed filter socks/media daily, and increased flow a little bit on the mp10s, and the tank was still cloudy. This morning I woke up and did another 5g water change and the tank looked immediately better. It has been clearing ever since and looks almost back to normal. I'm hoping it stays clear and I can get back to enjoying the corals and fish!!

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank is finally crystal clear. Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully this is the last of the cloudy spells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm just glad it didn't spike any parameters and all livestock was fine. Again, I appreciate this community and the attempt to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Glad its all clear now, but still curious as to what actually caused it.