Bean Animal

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I put in a new sump today. While I was at it, I rerouted my open channel to feed my fuge. I go to turn my return on and.....instant sand storm. My full siphon isn't siphoning, nothing, not even a drop. My open channel has turned into a full siphon, via dt water level, but my emergency isn't activated yet. The issue comes from the open channel feeding my fuge, where the sand is. How do I get the full siphon to siphon again?

1in or so deep from what im reading, also not sure if you have the open channel drilled a hair higher than the siphon but it helps a ton. Just a half inch of height helps force start the full siphon a lot quicker. Only other two thoughts if not having the union on there seemed to help, is the union bleeding in air somehow?
Hard to say without listening and checking it out. I wish clear pvc wasnt so damn expensive, but would love a full bean with clear pvc to see all the cool stuff going on.
I found cheap short lengths of clear pvc I plan to use just so I can see areas of flow between the open and siphon. Would be pretty sweet for helping to dial it in.

Btw just thought about this, but u didnt mention your gate valve or adjusting it for the siphon. Have you tried messing with the valve? Thats what creates enough back pressure to allow a full siphon. You want the valve dialed back just enough to let your open channel trickle.
If this is set right the siphon shouldnt take more than a min or so to purge the air in its lines and pick up full flow. Only other thing would be depth into the sump, inch or two is all thats needed to keep it happy.
Hope some of that info helps, I been reading beans stuff for ages. Love every design he does, just wish I had the patience skills and cash to do things so perfectly.