Been lurking for a long time

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No that's one of those high dollar zero edge tanks.

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah it is a 46 gallon zero edge. The water overflows on all sides and collects in a trough that drains into the sump. I have been doing this for about 12 years and this is by far the coolest tank I have ever had.

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone. I love the tank but it sure has it's own unique challenges. Next time you are scraping algae just remember I have to scrape both the inside and the outside. Lol!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love those zero edge tanks!! There are sweet, but expensive as heck!!! Give us more specs. On the tank will ya? (lighting, skimmer, filtration...)

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't see the video from work but I love the zero edge tanks....If I had the cash I'd try one out.
Welcome aboard. :D

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;170147 said:
I love those zero edge tanks!! There are sweet, but expensive as heck!!! Give us more specs. On the tank will ya? (lighting, skimmer, filtration...)
I actually only paid $300 for the tank, stand, sump and light tree. You guys might remember about a year and a half ago a lady from denver was selling this set up for $50. Well a soldier from Ft Carson ended up buying it from her for $300. It was in horrible shape with huge scratches and someone had siliconed the bulkheads in the bottom and couldn't get them out. So I had to do a ton of scratch removal and get the bulkheads replaced. They are crazy expensive if purchased new though. I think the tank and stand alone is around $1400. The tank is 46gal and has the original zero edge sump. I am using a Tunze Skimmer in the sump and Chaeto in the fuge. The lighting is 2 AI SOL blues with controller. The biggest challenge with the tank is flow because I can't put any powerheads in. I am replacing the Mag 9.5 with a Mag 12 this weekend so hopefully that helps a little. And having to scrape algea on both sides of the tank is a little annoying but I have it down now. Thanks for the kind words.

bruby;170086 said:
Thanks everyone. I love the tank but it sure has it's own unique challenges. Next time you are scraping algae just remember I have to scrape both the inside and the outside. Lol!
I have wondered how that works with scraping algae. Could describe what you have to do a little more. I might get a zero edge.

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tripple T;170153 said:
I have wondered how that works with scraping algae. Could describe what you have to do a little more. I might get a zero edge.
Its really not a big deal. At first I thought that I might have to turn everything off, but that is not the case. In fact that would make things worse because then you start to get salt creep on the outside. I just use an algea pad and wipe it off. If I angle my hand just right I make very little mess at all. The bulkheads are in the bottom of the tank so you have to have a way to turn that off when changing the water or else all the water would drain into the sump. I have a check valve that came with the sump so that when the return flow stops, the valve closes so the water cant run out. Knock on wood, so far so good. I have heard stories of people losing power and that valve fails so the tank empties out the bottom.