Best AIO 30-40G

Howdy, I just moved away from the area, but still need some advice. I am looking for a 30-40ish gallon AIO. I have seen some from Innovative Marine, JBJ, and CAD Lighting. Are there any more out there that would be good to look at? Also if anyone has any of the above tanks could you give a short little blurb about them? I don't plan on SPS, just LPS and fishes. And would like to stay with LED's.

I am leaning towards the 34G Mini-II from CAD, but also like the IM 30G. The CAD is all inclusive and comes with everything you need to get up and running. I am worried about the lights though and don't want to shell out $700 for everything and still need to buy more lights.

The IM 30G is nice, and lets me choose whatever lights I want, but doesn't come with any extras.

Thanks for any help.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've had IM and Cadlights tanks, liked them both. I don't think you can go wrong with either. My advice is to look for, and buy a used one in the best possible condition, at the best price. I found that I ended up upgrading most of the stock parts on each. It comes down to how particular you are. But if you're like me, you'll find that slowly over time you'll be replacing many stock components.

Lights to me were the big thing, I replaced them on both my units. Just wasn't happy with either stock one.

One more thing, stay away from the older tanks with the rounded front corners, it'll drive you crazy over time. I initially thought it was cool to not have a front seam, but the distortion was a PITA as was cleaning. I know both manufacturers have changed the design on the newer systems to square tanks with seams.

If you can get the IM without lights, I'd lean that way if going new...

Another thing....

Me and the wife are don't like hanging lights too much because of the light bleed to the rest of the room. What would be the best lighting type to minimize this?

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been very happy with my IM Nuvo 38. I upgraded the return pump (the stock one is a bit noisy) and got a Maxspect Razor R420R LED light for it (it fits very easily without complicated mounting options). The curved corners are a bit annoying to clean, but I like the way it looks. The newer IM tanks with starfire glass are very nice looking.