Bid Question #9

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's the first question that needs to be answered on the bid. After each question I've put my answer, per the meeting, PLEASE put in as many suggestions as possible. This gives us the best opportunity to have the best worded bid in the end. In the paperwork it says to NOT answer any question briefly and to go into as much detail as possible.

Do you have someone on your Committee who is familiar with working on databases, spreadsheets, etc., and who has appropriate software?

I think the best person for this _seems_ like Derek but I'm not at all sure about that. I know my way through spreadsheets and such but by no means am I an expert. What are your credentials for this question?

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I have pretty extensive experience with excel and a clear way of setting up cost estimates / budgetary price as I have done this for the majortiy of the projects I have managed.

As far as databases or project if Derek knows these then yes I think he would be on of our committee members that jumps out to me.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;181989 said:
I have pretty extensive experience with excel and a clear way of setting up cost estimates / budgetary price as I have done this for the majortiy of the projects I have managed.

As far as databases or project if Derek knows these then yes I think he would be on of our committee members that jumps out to me.
Well we need to mention any/all members of the committee who have these experiences, so please come up with an answer with your experiences as well :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Excel, Powerpoint, Project and other similar productivity programs (Open Office or Mac tools). I don't do HTML or Windows..... :)

I'm a Unix, Network, Architecture geek.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also have any software we could possibly need.

I would like to document the whole project in MS Project (as you saw at the last meeting).

I would not claim to be a DB expert, but I have worked on Oracle, and SQL databases.
Excele, Access, word, power point, front page, uhhh anything else?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
You want to run it in MS project, are there any other pieces of software you have that we may need at some point, just to show them we are prepared in any case.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, I will work with Rob and Adam and we can submit an answer together to this since I think us 3 have the most experience in this area.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have some experience in all MS Office products, but am not an expert. Would be willing to help wherever I could though.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Derek, any insight on answering this question? Juan and I got through #8 last night and I am working on #9 and #10 right now before the meeting tonight and I just wondered if you had any input on the best way to answer the question pertaining to your experience?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think we also have several folks who have managed projects. I have an IT Project Management background and I'm sure there's at least one other PM here. :)

To that point, we can hire folks to put together some of the technical needs, supplemented and managed by those of us with IT skills.