Black Percula Clownfish Cloudy Eye

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi,
I have a black percula clownfish (female) in a 35 gallon red sea max. The tank has been established for over a year now, and the clowns (I have a pair) have been doing fine. I just recently noticed, that the female clown has a cloudy eye (Only one eye). It happened overnight, since yesterday it wasn't cloudy at all. The only change in the tank is a did a water change. (RO water with

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is there also noticeable swelling? If its just cloudy, I wouldn't take any action yet but watch very closely for signs of bacterial infections or signs of parasitites. If there is noticeable swelling, I would get a qt setup and ready to go tonight and treat for a bacterial infection if the condition hasnt improved by morning.

Either way check your parameters, and take corrective action on water quality if anything is out of line.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;314683 said:
Is there also noticeable swelling? If its just cloudy, I wouldn't take any action yet but watch very closely for signs of bacterial infections or signs of parasitites. If there is noticeable swelling, I would get a qt setup and ready to go tonight and treat for a bacterial infection if the condition hasnt improved by morning.

Either way check your parameters, and take corrective action on water quality if anything is out of line.
Haven't seen any noticeable swelling yet. I haven't done a parameter test in about a week so I will perform that tonight. I'll watch her closely for now. Thanks for the additional information.