Black silicone?

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What do you guys think about black silicone. I'm looking at getting a new tank and have been toying with the idea of getting one with it. Have not really seen one in person so I would like your thoughts. If you like it why? If you hate it why? Do you have a tank with it?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think black helps the seems to blend in. I have a little 7g bow front that has black and it looks awesome.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;176809 said:
I love it it looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. My 92 bow front I have for sale has black
cdrewferd;176810 said:
I think black helps the seems to blend in. I have a little 7g bow front that has black and it looks awesome.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does it look as it starts to wear? I know my clear in the corner is kinda jagged looking. Does it look even worse with black? Thanks for your help, I'm just trying to make sure I'm making the right choice and don't over look something that will be an eye sore in the future.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Anyone know where I can pick up some black silicone or anyone coming to the meeting have some they want to sell or trade for?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh really? sweet what am I looking for on the label? I know which clear to get but never looked for black.

CmacLD

Cleaner Shrimp
I couldnt find anything reef safe at HD in black.. do they carry something now?
I had to go to Grainger to get some, but that was a few months ago.

go black, you wont see any of the algae on it and when it gets older it wont get that worn yellow look like clear