Blastos new 40breeder reef

Hey everyone, so I just got a new 40 setup from whyamisofly tonight. So I was curious if:

1. Anyone in Denver has or will have water change water I could use to start my tank off good to get some bacteria going.

2. The tank came with a 2.36 inch 57-58mm bulkhead for the overflow, I've been seeing people use 1/34ish size for that.
Im worried I won't find flex tubing to fit the one I have, I'm trying to use flex tubing instead of all pvc.

3. If anyone has a glass drill that I could use or bribe you to drill my tank!

4. Also I'm looking to get 35-40lbs of live rock, what is the best place to get rock?

thanks,
hehe I sound like a needy kid after I read this :p

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
blasto0341;348490 said:
I'm not sure what AA is. Thanks for the info! :)
Aquatic Art down in highlands ranch. You should definitely make a trip (if you haven't yet) and check out the store. Well well worth it.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you want some live rock, I have a bunch left over from my build. It is currently dry rock that was cleansed using Muratic acid. I could throw it in my tank and have it seeded for you within a couple of weeks. $2.50 / lb. You can pick out what you want and I will put it in the tank...

Shawn

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can weigh when I get home, but I would say in the 50 lb range. Most are pretty big and would be considered base rock. There are also a couple of big shelf pieces from RealReef.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Most of it is more solid rock from what I remember. I would pull it out and photograph, but I am just too damn lazy, lol. I had just packed it away in a container a few days ago. You are more than welcome to come over and check it out, though. Even if you only want a piece or two to seed...

I got the 40 breeder all setup and running for almost a week now. Added a bunch of mature live rock and half a bottle of stability so far. Waiting for Nitrite to drop from .02 to ZERO then adding everything else to the tank!

[attachment=68852:name]