May Meeting - Spring DBTC

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Ok everyone the May meeting is going to be a DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by our fellow reefer, Jacob Hall (aka Halmus). Come and check out THE BUILD we've all been dreaming of and are super excited to see in person.

Details:
Date: May 6, 2018
Time:
3pm Sharp - check in starts @ 2 pm
Place:
click HERE for a map and address 18988 W. 54th Lane, Golden 80403 - if map doesn't work please PM Halmus or a member of the BOD for directions and or address.

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/dbtc/instructions-for-dbtc/2840-don-t-break-the-chain-introduction for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner: This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard: This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme: This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 2pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 2:45-3pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 2:45 pm at the absolute latest please!!!!!!!

Frag Entry Process: Ideally each DBTC contributed to the swap, would look like this for all potential coral check in scenarios we might potentially use:
  1. Each Frag in Separate Pee Cup
  2. Pee Cup Top labeled on top with both frag name/type and username (either directly on cap or a label of some type of label placed on the cap)
  3. Hand written or printed list of all coral frags you are entering into the swap (hopefully this matches the corals you check in)
* If the coral name/type is unknown - don't worry we can help ID when you check, you can also post a clear picture under normal lighting (not all blue) here, and we may be able to identify before hand.
** If using zip lock bags for transportation, please use quality locking bags and plan to place a label on the bag for coral name/type

There will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome! Thank you for hosting @halmus! So pumped to finally see your build!
I have a bunch of corals to frag for this and I will be sure to bring extras for people who don’t have stuff ready to frag!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would give it three days minimum but the ones I am bringing will be cut this week and will hopefully have some grow out

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
For those who aren’t familiar when would you guys say is the latest the frags should all be cut?
General rule of thumb is at least one week prior, but two or more weeks wouldnt be bad ;)

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Looking forward to having everyone over!

The tank is a blank slate of rock and coraline at this point along with a few fish. So, you’ll all get to see the tank early in it’s life.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Looking forward to having everyone over!

The tank is a blank slate of rock and coraline at this point along with a few fish. So, you’ll all get to see the tank early in it’s life.
Thanks for letting us invade your home!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I can't wait. Gonna be fun

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Right on Jacob, we appreciate the invite and opportunity drool over your awesome craftsmanship not on the tank but the other awesome work on the rest of the house including the garage!!!

The invasion is sure to be awesome and I look forward to coming and seeing everyone!!!! So again thank you fpr hosting and well see you soon!!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is somebody doing a pee cup group buy for this? I am running seriously low on those and will need quite a few for this DBTC.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Is somebody doing a pee cup group buy for this? I am running seriously low on those and will need quite a few for this DBTC.
No need we have a ton in stock. You will be able to buy them by the sleeves at Reef Ed for $3 a sleeve.
You can also stop by my place to buy some if you cant wait ;)

Oh man wish I was in Colorado during this this time... have a ton of frags to give away...I don’t don’t moving back till mid May :(
Definitely next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk