1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Calling in a DBTC Cali Tort

Discussion in 'Standard Corals' started by MuralReef, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:07 PM.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

So as some of you know my once glorious tank at school isn’t up to growing and maintaining SPS any longer. Don’t really know what’s going on. I know I gave away tons of Cali Tort over the span of about a year and it was DBTC’d to me. If anyone has a small frag from me that they could part with that would be great! SPS is growing well at home and this was/is one of my favorites. Thanks guys!

2. BrianH

BrianH Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Ive got a nice cali tort grown out frag you can have.

3. MuralReef

You didn’t get it from me though did you?

4. BrianH

BrianH Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

No but I suspect that all the Cali tort around here is related.

5. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

If you want the OG you gave me...you are more than welcome to have it...although you saw it isnt behaving very Cali Tortish at all :'( I think it wants to go home Mike.

6. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Plus a piece of it has encrusted on the side of another rock, so there is still a chance for it to grow up :D

7. MuralReef

Zach are you sure that was the tort? I remember also giving you some Copps Utlra Green Efflo.

Attached Files:

8. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Hmmm....I don't remember now. The only green I remember was a plating Monti. But you also gave me a ton of stuff that day.

The tort I have from Brian is on point though.

I might be getting my Cali vs Oregon torts confused though. One i have in upper back of tank is a vibrant purple with green inner. The one I got from Brian is a brilliant blue with green inner.

9. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I lost my Copps Ultra Green Efflo if anyone still has it let me know as it was also a DBTC, I can get you a piece of Cali Tort if need Mike.

10. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

If mine ever decides to table out, I'll gladly frag you some.

11. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I got you Mike! I’ll frag it and bring it to the December show. I’m not positive it is true Cali Tort, but that’s what you DBTC’d it to me as

12. MuralReef

Scott & Brian I appreciate the offers, but I don't want to go outside of the rules (and I really wanted the one I had!). I knew someone out there had some, but I couldn't remember who! Thanks Ben!

13. scchase

I got mine from you Mike

14. MuralReef

Oh didn’t realize!!! I told you I couldn’t remember where they went!

15. scchase

Of course I am betting you got yours from me, though that is hard to say for sure.

16. MuralReef

I got mine from SaltySamurai down in Parker. It was my first DBTC that I received and I was super excited that’s really why I was hoping to get some growing at home. Plus it was just a favorite.

17. jda123

jda123 Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Send me a PM if you want to get your school tank back up to par. I might have to see it, but I can usually get it figured out.