Clowns fighting after led swap.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I recently swapped my stock biocube lights for a rapid led kit (thanks again alan!)

Now when the whites shut off just blues on,, my girl clown attacks the male clown. Any ideas?

xjmav;240583 said:
I recently swapped my stock biocube lights for a rapid led kit (thanks again alan!)

Now when the whites shut off just blues on,, my girl clown attacks the male clown. Any ideas?
maybe he looks weird 2 her with just the blues on, and she is like where is my little man what did u do with him who are you get out of my nem then she screams and beat's the s**t out of him LOL

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Clowns fighting after led swap.

Interesting...

When I swapped my stock jbj hood for a halide hood with actinics, I noticed my wrasse was fairly aggressive for a couple weeks when just the blues went on.

He was fighting his own reflection though, as the blue lights in the dim room provided just the right amount of light to make a reflection appear thay wasn't there before.

Perhaps she saw her reflection and decided to pair with herself instead? Sounds ridiculous... but you never know...maybe seeing her own reflection is making her more aggressive. If you don't have ambient lights in the room on when the blues kick on, try keeping them on to cut down on the reflection in the tank.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was thinking about swapping some leds over. Put like 3 whites on with blues and vice versa. That way it isn't so blue

I also may add with the blues on, they go from orange to almost maroon looking

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Clowns fighting after led swap.

xjmav;240601 said:
I also may add with the blues on, they go from orange to almost maroon looking
Hopefully adding some whites helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
when I had my black and whites they always fought the male was kinda a runt my metal-halide lamp was about 12 months old a 15k I always push them as long as I can so when I went to a new 20k bulb well to make a long story short within a week she got so aggressive one morning he was fish jerky,They had been together about 3 years The past years I would stay with the 15k bulbs