Coming back

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello everyone,
I was a member with this club in the past however I sort of "left". It's been a while since I've been on here so I thought I should make a new introduction :p I have a 34 gallon red sea max tank, which I have gutted the lid and replaced with LED' I have quite a few corals however I have had a constant battle with hair algae. I live in fort collins and my name is Aaron :p

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome Aaron! Curious to know why your battling hair algae.... what are your nitrates and phosphates sitting at?

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sea hair... nough said. When hes done cleanin the tank sell it cuz they need lots of green and a 34 gal wont be enough to regularly maintain him. Or option b is raise you mag using kent mag, male sure its kent (works far better) raise mag above 1600 and maintain it for six weeks while hand grooming. My fav option is a sea hair its natural and they work, just be aware that they are very toxic so in a small system they can nuke your tank if they die so get a really small one. Given u only have 34 gal i would go the mag route, safer and easier just get a good mag test kit and bottle of kent tech m.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do a search on this forum we had a very detailed thread about both remedies not long ago

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2