1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

crazy anemone idea!!!

Discussion in 'Anemones' started by tony02133, Nov 6, 2018.

1. tony02133

tony02133 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

ok guys need all the input i can get from anyone expert on anemones, i have this crazy idea of converting my biocube 29 in a anemone dominated tank , i have 2 questions, how many anemones can i safely keep together and how can i make my biocube anemone safe ?? thanks in advance.
    tony

2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Keep the flow low to the rear chamber and nothing will get pulled in.

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

All 1 type of anemone...or a mix? I might be worried about a mix in such a small space.

4. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

5. tony02133

thanks for the input!!

6. tony02133

only bubbles

7. tony02133

i got a small wave maker i can use

8. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I have a 20 gallon cube that's my anemone tank. I'm doing 2 different types of anemones. I have 1 BTA and 2 RFAs right now with absolutely no issues. The BTA stays up higher on the rock work while the RFAs stay at the bottom along the sand. I plan on 1 more BTA and several more RFAs.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  9. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I would keep to one color strain when working with bubble tips. They will play a bit of chem warfare and literally change strains. I had a mix of rainbows and Roses in my 40 gallon nem tank. They are now all rainbows.

10. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I tried to introduce a Green BTA in with a well established Rainbow in a smaller tank and neither did well until I removed the Green and then the Rainbow bounced back to normal. Probably some chemical warfare of some kind in a smaller volume of water. I'd second the sticking to 1 type of BTA, but I don't think rock flower anemones would be a problem with a BTA.

11. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

As long as the btas dont touch the rfa you're good

12. Fourthwind

I introduced some rock nems once and they all disappeared.. now mind you I have 11 large bta nems in the tank now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using MASC mobile app

13. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

I have a rainbow and several green BTAs that are mostly all in one group right next to each other. The rainbow is the dominant and I think it helps keep the greens from getting very large. At first they separated them selves and didnt seem to like being near each other, but eventually they got used to each other and all are doing great now days

14. TheRealChrisBrown

I think my case was because the water volume was pretty small, if I remember right it was a 29g biocube and I wasn't running any carbon or anything to help neutralize the chemical warfare. I'm sure there could be a ton of factors, it just didn't work well for me to mix 2 kinds of BTA's in a smaller tank.

15. Fourthwind

I agree. I think it has to do with the volume of water.