Dapozer Intro thread

Thought I would take some time and introduce myself and start becoming part of this thing and not just a spectator. I have dabbled in Saltwater over the last 20 years and have had small tanks (20gal) to larger (225 gal) and had success with fish and reef. I recently took a 7+ year absence from fish keeping. I decided to re-set up my favorite tank, a 75 reef ready Oceanic, wet/dry, and magnum 150 Canister filter, loaded it down with 55 lb crushed coral, about 75 Lbs of dried out live rock and filled it up. Held water and ran efficiently for 5 days and decided to add salt. Week later added 8 (now 7) damsels, and re-homed a smaller lion fish (see damsel reduction :D). Chem levels are doing great and so far everything is very happy and feeding well. Looking forward to all the info out there and there is a ton of new technology in this hobby. Kinda mind blowing.

More about me: I own a landscape maintenance business in Lonetree/Littleton, I am a avid herpetologist that keeps and breeds redtail boas and reticulated pythons, I am involved in jeep clubs and I like to mountain bike as much as I can (not enough). I have twin 10year olds that love and participate in my hobbies, and a very supportive wife.

Looking forward to participating here.

Shawn

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

And to the hobby!!!

Cool to have fellow landscape guy who also lives in Littleton, aboard too!!!!

If you ever need anything, just holler!!!!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. As a longtime reefer that also took a long break for a while I agree...technology has vastly improved and changed so much over the last 5-10 years. I felt like I had to relearn so much when I started back up...

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Dapozer;193945 said:
Week later added 8 (now 7) damsels, and re-homed a smaller lion fish (see damsel reduction :D).

Thanks for all the well wishes. Lion has reduced the damsel population down to 4 now. Expensive feeders but he is one of the main fish for the tank, so I am happy he is happy. :D

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
How about I buy you some alternates, and save those poor Chromis from their impending doom? I'll even deliver/pickup. Never hurts to ask, heh.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Youll want those damsels out of there anyway! LOL. Welcome to MASC.