Default Thread Subscription Mode

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK so I've seen this a little too much and I thought I should let everyone know about this option lol. By default every time you make a post in a thread you will be "subscribed" to that thread. What does that mean? It means that every time someone else posts in the thread after you have, you will get sent an email to the email address you registered with the website. Please DO NOT REPLY to this email. If you do, then the Board members get that reply. It doesn't mean that you replied to the thread. You have to physically come to the website to reply to the thread. If you don't want emails sent to your physical email address then turn the "default thread subscription mode" off. This is how you do it:

1. Go to your "user control panel"
2. On the left click on "edit options"
3. Move your screen to the "messages and notification"
4. Change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "no email notification"

A lot of people have simply been replying to the emails and thinking it will reflect that reply here on the website. The only job of the email is to tell you that someone replied to the thread you posted in, it's just a notification. If you have any questions please let us know.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
hey juan sent you an email last night ...did you delete it thinking it was just a reply to a thread?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
No, PM sent. There has just been an influx of people replying to these emails thinking that they are going to be reflected here lol.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
maybe you can set the reply email on those to different email that isn't checked ...just to make your lives easier

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
that's why I'm letting everyone know here. Then they can undo the emails to their inbox if they don't want to. Also, then people can stop responding to those emails lol.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright I just wanted to give this old thread a BUMP. For some reason there has been a BIG influx in people responding to threads/PM's VIA email. Remember, you CANNOT reply to threads or to PM's via email. More specifically, via the email that is sent to you to alert you that you have a new post to a thread, or a new PM. By replying to that email it simply gets sent to all of the Board Members, your intended target never gets the message. We can relay the messages in the public here on the forums :) but in the case of sensitive material you may not want everyone reading it, or the BOD reading it for that matter lol.