SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Group buy thread is up, put in your orders

Just thought I would post my feedback about Seachem reef salt. I've been using it for several months and been chasing calk and alk issues. Turns out it was the seachem salt. It's known for having low Mg levels, and as it turns out Mg was my problem! I will be switching back to Red Sea Pro. Currently I am dosing Mag to get my tank balanced out.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
01M5PWR;349814 said:
Just thought I would post my feedback about Seachem reef salt. I've been using it for several months and been chasing calk and alk issues. Turns out it was the seachem salt. It's known for having low Mg levels, and as it turns out Mg was my problem! I will be switching back to Red Sea Pro. Currently I am dosing Mag to get my tank balanced out.
Hey Ezekial, I strongly recommend trying Fritz reef pro. I have been using it for the past year and love it.

Ya I thought I saw a group buy going on. I just ordered a bucket of Red Sea yesterday! Maybe next bucket.

mwirth1

Cleaner Shrimp
Little late to the topic, but I've been using Aquavitro salinity for about a year. Every batch I mixed from this bucket has been incredibly consistent, and my corals seem to enjoy it. I also appreciate the guaranteed analysis on the side of the bucket.

On another note, I am not too thrilled about the price and have been thinking about Fritz for awhile. I bought Salinity because it was a highly rated salt, and needed the bucket :wink-new: It seems Fritz is a favorite on this site, maybe I will consider it for my next batch.

Tangs

Turbo Snail
I'm having a brain fart but in Vegas we use a salt u had to add mag and cal to and mix . Best salt I ever used in 10 years someone help me with they name

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I believe walterwhite uses it. I think the reason not many use it is the price point on it. It is well known for being great salt but its very expensive compared to others.

Tangs

Turbo Snail
Yes it's b-ionic best stuff ever made I won't use anything else corals went crazy after using it . I live by it

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I too have used ESV, thinking about switching back after giving Kent a try. Don't know why I ever moved away from it. Price is indeed higher than other brand but man is it nice salt!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;352445 said:
I believe walterwhite uses it. I think the reason not many use it is the price point on it. It is well known for being great salt but its very expensive compared to others.

Yep i use ESV and still think it might possibly be the best salt out there. Pricey for sure, a pain in the butt also depending on the kind of person you are. I think it's great for tanks that require smaller water changes because of the consistency you get from weighing out each of the 4 components, Otherwise if you can use a salt were you can mix the whole bag and not have to worry about stirring it first then great.

ill be switching over to plain ol IO with the new tank up now since it will be so much cheaper and I can mix whole bags then just doctor it up if it's lacking anywhere.

sharkboy99999;352535 said:
Have you had problem with phosphate with the salt ? They had a problem with it but they say they fixed it .
Which salt are you referring to?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sharkboy99999;352535 said:
Have you had problem with phosphate with the salt ? They had a problem with it but they say they fixed it .
ESV has always had elevated Phosphate of about 6ppb in the magnesium sulfate component of their salt and as far as I know still does. It has never been any kind of issue for me.

ShawnM

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
With the recent talk about ESV salt I wanted to let you know that Marine Depot has the 200 gallon package on closeout for 20% off. Still too expensive for me but could save you ESV users a few bucks.