1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Digital aquatics belly up?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by Dr.DiSilicate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Anyone running a reef keeper or the like? All the stores have the DA stuff on “sale” and say discontinued... I did a quick web search and couldn’t find the DA web site... I don’t use one but this doesn’t bode well for owners or competition, which they weren’t for the last few years but... also not good for consumers. Less competition = bad usually...

2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

They are out. Confirmed on the national boards.

3. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

It's not like there isn't competition, it's that Neptune has pretty much secured the market. There are lots of controller companies including Reef Angel, GHL, eKoral, fish bit, etc but none of them offer the full feature set of the apex.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

They closed down that subdivision of the company late last year