• Do a DIY LED fixture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy some LED strips instead of DIY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay sweet. Do you have any pics? Because of the way my hood is built though I was thinking of making the LEDs line up like this
-----------------------------
-----------------------------------
-------------------------------

I think making I like that will help gt light to the entire tank. What do you think?

Jfaiii

Butterfly Fish
I dont have any pics because the color of the light just doesn't show up. If you want to you can come by and take a look at them sometime.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
DIY at this point is the way to go. I don't feel comfortable that the manufactures produce a consistent product at a good value to the consumer. You will get much more versatility out of building your own. However at some point in time the LED competition will heat up an we will find more high quality products at our disposal.

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
othercents;92712 said:
DIY at this point is the way to go. I don't feel comfortable that the manufactures produce a consistent product at a good value to the consumer. You will get much more versatility out of building your own. However at some point in time the LED competition will heat up an we will find more high quality products at our disposal.
Reefbrite is very very good product, I as well as a few others I know use and love them

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
why didn't you get one of those chinese ones from wirick? I got one and it's a pretty sweet set up. wasn't overpriced or anything

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;92804 said:
why didn't you get one of those chinese ones from wirick? I got one and it's a pretty sweet set up. wasn't overpriced or anything
Did he have a gb?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay so right now i am debating between reef bright leds or vertex. For whichever one i decide on which colors do you guys would think look the best?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh also how many strips? I was thinking 1-2

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
update. I think i have decided to reef brites what i am debating now if i should do 2 or 3

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweet thanks for the info. Any reccomandations on a fan?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any computer fan will work, you just have to use a dc adapter for it. That's what I did with my old MH fans anyways. Maybe the more wiring smart people can chime in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay and because this is a nano tank it comes with 2 tiny fans built in i am guessing these won't be enough right? Just the red sea max stock fans. Thanks for all the help everyone

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
the_fish_man;93571 said:
Okay so right now i am debating between reef bright leds or vertex. For whichever one i decide on which colors do you guys would think look the best?
I'm back at looking into led options since the vendor never got us the 2 cord options in the GB.

FYI RB has a new XHO series that hit most vendors earlier this month. From what I have read the PAR on these is better than the vertex now. They added 50% more LEDs to all the sizes. Slight bump in price. still running in the 1.5w per 3w led range. I really like these but not sure I can fork out the $ for them.

also the evolutions now have a strip option but i have not seen much info on them other than what reefkoi has