diy reef rock q's

so Iv been researching making my own live rock for my next upgrade and was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences ??
I want to know for sure that when i put it in my tank that its safe and not to sure how to do so.. im assuming run a parameters test weekly to see progress but not sure any hints or tips would be great !

rlklassy;216363 said:
so Iv been researching making my own live rock for my next upgrade and was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences ??
I want to know for sure that when i put it in my tank that its safe and not to sure how to do so.. im assuming run a parameters test weekly to see progress but not sure any hints or tips would be great !
tbh its a pain in the A** i made about 400 lbs worth and it took 5 months to cure i trashed it and bought base rock :p

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: diy reef rock q's

I made about 150 lbs. I cured it for about 6 months with water changes every couple days. So after 3 yrs I cut one open and it still wasn't cured fully. Next time I will buy fish heads real reef rock.

sent from my bag phone

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: diy reef rock q's

Smiley;216368 said:
fish heads real reef rock./QUOTE]

Love that stuff, its so awesome!!!! So purple, its unreal. I agree if I ever build a new tank from ground up ill be using that too!!!

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
diy reef rock q's

ailachami;216373 said:
where can ou get fish heads real reef rocks? any local vendors carry this?
Neptune's had reel reef rock. Not sure if it was the fish heads brand. Two tanks full.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im going to look into getting some for our shop... since ill need about 300lbs total.. great stuff.