DIY stand- kitchen cabinets

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank I found came with a really solid 2x4 stand. So I'm going to reskin that with luan stained to match whichever cabinets I pick. Then I'll put two tall cabinets (probably pantry cabinets) on either side of it to give it a built in look that matches the kitchen. As soon as I can get one of my properties sold, I'll start getting bids on the kitchen remodel. So the tank will look funky for a bit, until the kitchen is redone, but that's ok with me. The end result will be worth it.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MichelCleark789;227579 said:
You haven't heard a name The RTA Store before? They are one of the best kitchen maker on internet. Visit their website http://www.thertastore.com for more details. I think this can be a best choice for selecting a kitchen cabinets.
I argee the RTA store is a great option, although i always suggest looking into local cabinet manufacturers just to ask, Some times depending on your design and style choice you might be suprised! just my .02cents

Dbarnes;227617 said:
I argee the RTA store is a great option, although i always suggest looking into local cabinet manufacturers just to ask, Some times depending on your design and style choice you might be suprised! just my .02cents
I agree too..There is no issue to ask for to a local wood contractor. They also can have different ideas for cabinets. But the thing is, while selecting a wood for a cabinets you need to check the quality of wood and contractor should be expertise in this field. And in this deal you can save money as well.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
MichelCleark789;227579 said:
You haven't heard a name The RTA Store before? They are one of the best kitchen maker on internet. Visit their website http://www.thertastore.com for more details. I think this can be a best choice for selecting a kitchen cabinets.
And their quality is good? I know there are different levels of RTA. I can't imagine that having a local company make cabinets for me is gonna be in the same price range.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;227625 said:
And their quality is good? I know there are different levels of RTA. I can't imagine that having a local company make cabinets for me is gonna be in the same price range.
You might be surprised, a lot of local cabinet manufacturers have become very competitive. But yes RTA is a quality brand, but not all "RTA" cabinets are the same so go with a reputable brand like "The RTA store" they are very good, some can be tricky to assemble but most can be done with patience and a can of beer ;). I have had bad experience ording cabinets for a client from kitchens to go, they were very poorly made, might have just been that cabinet in particular idk.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm looking at RTA right now, and loving their prices and styles. The quality description certainly looks good, too! No particleboard?? Heck yeah! Thanks a ton for posting their website. I have a feeling I'll be ordering from them and cracking open a bottle of wine to smooth out the assembly process.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;227648 said:
I'm looking at RTA right now, and loving their prices and styles. The quality description certainly looks good, too! No particleboard?? Heck yeah! Thanks a ton for posting their website. I have a feeling I'll be ordering from them and cracking open a bottle of wine to smooth out the assembly process.
Yea they are no particle board assembly, if you get pantry cabs, cuz of the height you will find out shipping is anywhere from 350-500 :( and be prepared when it arrived you need at least three ppl to help the driver unload cuz they always send them on 10' pallets that the drivers can't unload. We have a forklift so it's not as bad but if you didn't it would defiantly need unloaded by hand. (They tend to forget that LOL) but yes and any cabs come with things like soft close drawers and doors and you can order kits for roll out shelves and spice racks!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Good to know. Maybe I'll just go with regular cabinets on either side of the tank. It's not worth an extra $350-500 to have a tall cabinet.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;227652 said:
Good to know. Maybe I'll just go with regular cabinets on either side of the tank. It's not worth an extra $350-500 to have a tall cabinet.
Yea from my numerous experiences with them it is 399.00 for shipping. I get 10-20% off depenfing on that cabinet as i am a licensed contractor with them so if you end up ordering lmk and I can try to help ya out

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;227655 said:
Yea from my numerous experiences with them it is 399.00 for shipping. I get 10-20% off depenfing on that cabinet as i am a licensed contractor with them so if you end up ordering lmk and I can try to help ya out
Sweet. Will do. Now I just need to get that house sold so I can get on with this! LOL

CindyL;227625 said:
Definitely..The quality and service of The RTA Store is top class. I have no issues with the cabinets. I agree that there are different ranges of RTA. But, what we look before choosing a cabinets is quality and service of the company what they will provide. and The RTA store is one of them. Best service in affordable prices. The local contractor can make cabinets at cheaper price but think about their service. I don't think that they will give you a best service on cabinets from their part.