electrical help

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK. So assuming I did this correctly, I traced the string back to this connection point and marked it
[attachment=68822:name]
I then set my multimeter to V and tested and got 27.4 VDC
[attachment=68823:name]
Does that all look correct?

Now, just out of curiosity, why can't I just find one based on the original driver specs? Please explain so I will understand for future problems. Teach a man to fish and whatnot.....
View attachment 23275

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That could be right. Can you test the voltage across a single LED just to be certain?

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tested across the led and the diode and got 3.37
I got some kind of negative number when I reversed the probes

Last edited by a moderator:

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you found a midpoint and not the driver output. If an individual led is 3.37 and you have 16 leds on the string, then the voltage of the string should be about 54 volts. The one that was linked earlier should work, but you may need to bypass one LED and make a string of 15 instead of 16 to get the voltage within limits. I'm having trouble finding a reputable driver that can handle more than 54 volts.

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK so I tested the line directly out of the good driver. Disconnected or and tested right in the end of the connector.
I got a steady reading of 79.3VDC. Just to be sure I tested the suspect driver and got 0

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This will overdrive the LEDs just a tad, but a meanwell HLG-60H-C700B would do the trick.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
cent36;348225 said:
Where do I get it? Is there a reputable dealer?
Is it adjustable?
Mouser has some. That model is 700mA (just a tad overdriven) constant current with an allowable output voltage of 50-100V. It has dimming wires that can support 0-10V analog or PWM dimming.