Encrusting a tongan branch.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The other day when I was at Aqua Medic I noticed they were hiding their tanks internal plumbing by letting encrusting green star polyps cover it. I thought this was brilliant and have decided to try it myself except on a large piece of Tongan branch rock I have in my tank (rt corner under overflow). I was wondering what kinds of things I could cover it with in a relatively short period of time, I had thought Zoas (I really liked those firestarters that Gonzo had), encrusting star polyps or maybe something else. Any thoughts on the matter and any frags available for said project?

View attachment 4721

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have starpolyups that I'm covering my overflows and the whole back of my thank with working good So far

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have xenia on mine but I think I would rather have some GSP, might have glue some on tomorrow. If I am lucky maybe i can pull the whole bunch off the rock and just transplant it.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is my tank where it it half covering the overflow box and only about a half inch to go to completely cover my "out-take" tube.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
See that's super cool.. still thinking that since it is a branch instead of plastic I may start attaching zoa's to it and see if they climb. my poor tank looks so empty, I need to hit the lotto so I can fill it up!!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would love that, my son is going to be born this weekend so I will get back to you after that!!! :)

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have pulsing xenia that grows all over the back glass of my tank, you could come get a frag of it and then curse me in 3 months when youre cutting out big clumps of it from unwanted places!!