First RR build. Please help!

Alright. So my first build using a reef ready tank is underway (sort of) and I have come to my first speedbump. I purchased a 72x18x30 tank with a corner overflow. I have no idea how to plumb this overflow so I would like some help/need some advice. Like I said it is a corner overflow, and it has 3 holes on the bottom. The one in the middle is a 1 3/4" bulkhead and the two on either side are 1" I believe. I'm assuming that the large one is for my drain and the other two are for returns, or can i use the big one and one of the little ones as drains to help it to keep up with the Rio HF20 pump that I am going to be using and just use the remaining for the return? My next point of confusion is that it has 2 screens about half way up connected to some flexible tubing that is coming up right now. I can't figure out if these are meant to be the returns or if they are supposed to drains as well? My gut says that it would be a bad idea to have them as drains since if the power went out it would drain the tank down to half volume. Hopefully these pictures are good enough to give you the basic idea.

View attachment 13060 View attachment 13061

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

I'd ditch the two screen things, just cover them. You should look up the herbie overflow and use two of the bottom holes for overflow and 1 for return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

The one without the valve is incase the other clogs, emergency. The valve is adjusted so the stand pipe is just below the water line in the overflow. This makes a silent overflow and a sump without noise and bubbles. I have used it on two tanks and love it. It is really a simple (bean animal) overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. That is clever. I think I will go ahead and do that one. What is a good height difference between the two standpipes? I have 30" in my overflow to work with.