Fish for a 20 long?

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Now that my tank is empty again, I am looking at what fish to add. I am think 3-4 fish max, and I want them to be all different colors so I can have a nice contrast in my tank. I am not having much luck with clowns so may want to stay away form those...

But what fish would work? I know chromis are having that outbreak, even though I really like them. Would some damsels work? Just throw some fish out there and I will consider them

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
firefish, gobies and some blennies...most of the cardinal fish as well. And then of course you can always go dwarf seahorse, pipefish or jawfish.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Fish for a 20 long?

You consider a specimen tank at all? I've really enjoyed my single angel having the 20 to himself.

For multiple fish I'd do a wrasse with a goby/shrimp combo to keep the load low.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Fish for a 20 long?

Don't do chromis in that little tank. I think they will get aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Depends on what type of coral you want to keep...and how much of a risk you're willing to take. ;)

I think I read you were going with zoas and softies? Check out some of the pygmy (centropyge) species...I haven't looked into other's experiences, but the Cherub Angelfish tends to stay on the small side an LA indicates they usually go after LPS and clam mantles. I have an African Flameback that they indicate goes after SPS and some polyp colonies...I'd say that's accurate; he's also gone after clams though.