Fitz's overstock 210g mixed reef zoo.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Figured I need to just get the post made and later I'll get to getting a good slew of pics on here. (Looking for someone w/ a real camera to loan or can take a few quality pics for me.)

210g that about broke the house and Tutu and I getting in. Still work to be done. Cleaning a few loose pieces of rock/dried coralline out of the sand. Need to throw the doors on and hook up the carbon and GFO reactors. Start figuring out how to best get into my 2 part routine. And most of all, stop getting stuff, because I said, 98% of all this.... was in my 55g somehow.

Stock list:
No good devil SOB Kole Tang
Sailfin tang
Dwarf Fuzzy Lion

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow Nick looks great man!!!!!!!!!!!! But um........looks like you better start looking of you next tank upgrade :D

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
LMAO, I forgot to tell you the red lip likes to nibble, he goes after the hair on your arms

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is why once I had the 125, I didn't even move in before I went 210. Definitely hard on the brakes for now and time to try and actually enjoy it rather than always working. (All that except for a few of the fish and nems crammed into 55 was a constant referee match)

Going to add a few more frag racks to the walls and work on just growing out the nice zoa's I have. I may downsize and start dispensing with some of the corals I'm not as keen on anymore. (Spare Rics, Yuma, Toadstool, trumpets, etc) But I for sure like the denser to me more natural reef look rather than the modern trend of very spare minimalist artistic types.

But good luck catching a fish in this rockwork w/ as many caves w/ tunnels and valleys as I have set up.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, the tang going after him I think is his own fault now. He'll follow but not chase the tang which ****es it off. He'll spend a lot of time up on the wp40, and he's not a tiny nice little crevice cavern front and center in the tank near that wellso.

My camera can't get a good pic of the pizza sized RBTA and 7 inch maroon sadly.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Other than the 2 Photon 32's (Reefbreeder)

I'm terrible and have had the skimmer so long, I don't remember what model reef octo it is. So far seems to be pulling a lot. Not sure if it's undersized. Just don't want to blow $400 on another bigger skimmer. If I have to might play with putting in 2 skimmers as I have another amalgation of a RO pump and another brand skimmer that sorta works.

Return Pump is a RO Water Blaster
Have a WP 40 and 2 WP25 in the tank. 2 from left to right and one on back wall with a cross current. Was hoping to keep all the nems on the tower on the right. Didn't work. But now I'm scared to move it to a standard opposing sides type deal lest it provoke movement. For now the flow seems adequate all around. Food stays suspended really well compared to a koralia tank.

2 250 watt heaters surprisingly at least at start up didn't seem enough so I have an extra 50 or 75 watt hidden in different places. Hopefully keeps temp more even all around and has some redundancy if something happens will take quite a while for it to get bad.

Only equipment to add later is the BRS media reactors which now from reading sounds like stuff I don't want to run full time probably anyways. These hopefully will be easy to run and at no power cost due to the manifold plumbed in that Tutu did.