1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Free ORA Aiptasia-Eating Filefish

Discussion in 'Frags and Livestock for Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by FOURSTARS, Nov 6, 2018.

1. FOURSTARS

FOURSTARS Registered Users

Just received this fish and he decided that my Duncan is tastier the the aiptasia. He now Lives in my sump. I live in Sterling and will meet in Fort Morgan to make sure this guy has a good home.

2. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Not sure if I should give the guy a chance or not. I don’t care about my Duncan and just want my Aiptasia gone but have more expensive corals I don’t want a to loose. Just ordered Berghia nudibranch too.

3. FOURSTARS

He’s has been convicted a of attempted murder, so I understand your misgivings. Cool fish, maybe best for a fowler tank or SPS tank. The thing with file fish is they only turn to AIptasia if you starve them a bit, and there’s not a better meal close by. I ordered 5 peppermint shrimp from algea barn to repalce him.

4. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Yeah I agree, I see how the nudibranch do first but maybe @scchase would be interested? Bit of a drive for him though.

5. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Too far a drive for me for at least the next 3 weeks or I would be all over it, my last one I rotated finally got stupid and got itself caught in a pump.

6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Nudis work great. They do take quite a while before you see them make progress, but steadily they get the job done. My tank was covered when I added them in several months ago and they have eliminated about 3/4 of them so far. They even get the ones that are deep in the rocks that my former file fish couldnt even get

JuanGutz likes this.
  7. FOURSTARS

Right now he's happy picking off the pods in my sump. If I drive to Denver soon I'll let you guys know. I thought about nudi's but to cheap.. plus it's only a reefer 250 so pretty easy to keep up.