Getting ready to build, need opinions

Chuzzler

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am about ready to set up my first true build (have AIO units only 14g Cube and 32g RSM) on a 120g Reef. Plan is to lay tile in the spot where the tank is going to go this weekend, then the fun begins. I have a quad level house, with the 4th level being an unfinished basement. The place where the tank is going to go is on the lowest finished level, and backs to the wall that adjoins the basement level. The great thing about this house layout, is that right behind the tank wall is the upper 5 ft of the basement, so I can plumb to the basement without needing any more rise than if I put a sump in the tank cabinet.

I plan to have both a fuge/sump 30g, and a 40-55g display sump in the basement all on the same cycle. Here is a list of what I have gathered over the last 6 months (or am in the process of purchasing) for this setup, please take a look and give me your thoughts on what else I may need:

• 120g Reef ready with dual corner overflows/returns and stand
  • 30g precision marine fuge with paired PM skimmer
  • 2 -300W Jager Heaters
  • Apex Contoller w/ PH and Temp probe (plan to purchase Salinity probe shortly)
  • 3 - AI SOL White LED modules w/ controller and rail system (building rail system into custom hood for tank)
  • 2 - AquaMedic Sunspot 12 LEDs for display sump and fuge lighting
  • PanWorld 50 Px-x external pump
  • TLF BioPellet Reactor
  • Geo Kalk Reactor/pump
  • ATO unit/pump
  • WTB: 40-55g tank for display sump with single overflow.
  • WTB: 30+ g food grade fresh water storage barrel
  • WTB: 2-WP-40s when next group buy comes up
  • WTB: UV Sterilizer (thinking Coralife Turbo Twist)

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow, very well planned. Look forward to seeing the build! Nice house config for a fish room as well. Did you check to ensure the tile/floor is level for the tank? That's the only suggestion I can think of in terms of pre-water test.