1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Great offer On Fluval evo 5 gallon? Worth it?

Discussion in 'Newbies Corner' started by JBoggie428, Aug 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JBoggie428

JBoggie428 Copepod

Hi everyone!!,
    New here, but wanted to hear an opinion on an opportunity I’ve come across. I have been offered an evo 5 for half of its retail price in pretty much new condition. Worth it? I know it’s personal preference but fo that price, +/-$50. Should I just grab it?

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Is it a first SW tank?

If it's a first tank, I'd be worried about the size. I'd think you'd see every little fluctuation in parameters, but in only 5 gallons I think those swings would be that much more dramatic. I've never tried to keep a tank that small, so I am just guessing. If it were me, I would wait for PetCo's next $1 per gallon sale and get a 40b...I think that would make a great starter for the same price range you are talking about.

3. JBoggie428

JBoggie428 Copepod

Not a first at all just thought I’d ick it up for the deal and a fun project. Concerned about bioload and even if setup would be worth it.

4. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

If you want a little bit of a project, I have my 40b with 20gal refugium that I just took down. I would just give it to you. I have a stand for it if you are interested too.

5. JBoggie428

JBoggie428 Copepod

Really? That would be amazing!!

6. JBoggie428

JBoggie428 Copepod

What’s your location? Pics?

7. JBoggie428

JBoggie428 Copepod

Would be more than grateful.

8. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm in Loveland. I can get pictures tomorrow, but here's a picture of the whole system while it was running. It's out in my backyard right now since I just moved. But if you want to clean it up and put it all back together, then it's all yours. It'll be just the tank and stand. I had 2 tanks running as one system, if you want the whole thing the 40b and the custom 30 cube you can have it all. Or you can just take what you want. Up to you. 20171217_220908.jpg

SynDen and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  9. JBoggie428

JBoggie428 Copepod

I’ll take it can I come pick it up today? Pm me