Haddoni eating snails?!

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I picked up a couple snails today and was strategically placing them--you know, on the inlet pipe where lots of algae is growing. Of course they fell off, right into the haddoni carpet anemone. I tried to grab them quickly. Bad idea, of course, but I tried. The anemone slowly curled up and ingested the snails! I never thought they would eat a shelled animal like a snail (it may explain why I am replacing my CUC every 6-8 months, it seems).

Anyone heard of/seen an anemone eating snails?

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Yup, Haddonis will eat just about anything that comes in contact with the tentacles. I have lost many a snail, crab, and even a few fish, including a 5" squirrel fish to a haddoni.

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had him for more than ten years and never seen/heard of something like that. I see cucumbers cruising underneath him all the time--wonder how they escape the wrath. The only fish mine has eaten is the damsel I spent three weeks trying to catch. When I caught him I skewered him and fed him to the haddoni. I called it recycling and vengeance for all the fish he bullied and tortured.