Hanging led light

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had ordered two knock off par38 bulbs (like par38 bulbs but less wattage) off of eBay. They are going to be 9w watts each. I know they mount I am going to make will be PVC painted black. But I just need to know if there is a socket for the bulbs without the shades? I just need it to have plugs so I don't have to deal with hardwiring. Is there something out there that fits what I'm looking for? I am looking for basically a socket with a wall plug, I don't want to do any wiring...

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hanging led light

Did you do that with PVC ? That looks slick! I've been trying to figure out how to hang my LEDs over my tank without a canopy

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hanging led light

Yeah it's just PVC painted with krylon fusion. It worked out better than I thought and I just used zip ties for the light sockets

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
More zip ties or even glue gun can run the power cords along the back side of the pvc to hide them a bit.

Everything running ok with the tank so far? Or just threw lights on it as a test run?

tlo25

Turbo Snail
I did mine with 1/2" conduit, I bent it at Home Depot with a bender that was sitting there before I took it up to the register to buy it.

Mounted the conduit to the back with a couple of conduit holders, they are tightend enough to hold it up but loose so I can still adjust the lights up and down.

The Par38 bulb I used is in a clip on light socket with everything removed and fastened on with two hose clamps.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dang I may have to make another rack and use a bigger PVC so I can run the cords in it... Wish I would have thought of that the first time!

Hanging led light

I thought I was the only one to make a lite stand out of PVC, mine was a little bigger it was over my 180 and I wish I would of painted mine black, it's funny the looks I would get from people who thought somehow I had my return pump pumping water through the PVC lite stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah my parents did the exact same thing... They were confused why I was "pumping the water over the tank, not in it" haha. The reactions that you can get is pretty great.