HD WebCam

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone running HD webcam on their tank? If so, what camera?

Looking for ideas, not interested in 720, would ideally like 1080 with remote pan/tilt.

Thanks!!

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
HD WebCam

This is what I use, no pan and tilt though. I can watch from my iPhone and super easy to set up

Last edited by a moderator:

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I was looking at the foscams when I was looking at adding a streaming camera. I'm not sure if they are 1080 or 720 though. I read that the digital P/T/Z features are not as good as a camera that physically can do it.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm tagging along. I haven't found a camera that has the quality I'd like either.

I was working on the system for remote camera viewing and the video was great when streamed locally to a monitor but inadequate when streamed over the internet. I was never able to work out the issue before packing everything away for the move.

I've never been satisfied with digital zoom.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got the dlink 5020L. Pan tilt feature works great, but the one issue I have with it is that my lights are so bright that if the overheads are not on, the tank gets kinda light washed in the middle of the day.

GiraffeCat

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would something like THIS work? (There has to be an super-geek on this sight somewhere)

Late,
GC

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
GiraffeCat;320663 said:
Would something like THIS work? (There has to be an super-geek on this sight somewhere)

Late,
GC
All the specs pan out and I didnt see any really nasty reviews about it. Could very easily be just a no name company selling it for way less than everyone else to get their name out there. For that price I would think its worth a shot.

GiraffeCat

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Amazon has a grip of little 720 cameras....err, Baby Monitors.....

Late,
GC