1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrChris, May 18, 2018.

1. MrChris

MrChris Copepod

My name is Chris, and I am new here as well as new to the hobby.
    I have always wanted a saltwater tank, a reef tank in particular the last few years, however my financial situation never allowed for it.
    My wife and I began looking over a year ago for that great deal on a setup, and fortunately about a month ago we found it.
    We scored a running 75 with a 20 sump, about 60 lbs +/- of live rock, and 7 fish, for a price we couldnt pass up.
    Needless to say, it has been a rough few weeks after the move, but we are very close to having our parameters where we want them to start adding corals.
    Anyhow, I live in Lafayette, and I am really hoping to meet some people that help guide us along the way, as well as establish some new friendships.
    I look forward to attending any meetings and events that may arise, as I like to be involved in things, especially things I love! Lol

drod303 likes this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Welcome to the club and the addiction! Post up a build thread if you get a chance. Would love to see where you are at with the tank. Great community here that loves to help when needed, so dont be afraid to ask questions too ;)

3. NickP

NickP Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome to the addiction!

4. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome Chris! Glad you were able to get started in the hobby. I'm also in Lafayette.

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

We are suckers for pics, and I think there are a lot of great people on here who can answer just about any question. Welcome!

6. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

welcome to the club and please post pics when your tank is parameters are ready :)

7. MrChris

MrChris Copepod

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to hanging around.

8. MrChris

MrChris Copepod

Just thought I would share a shot of my flamboyant urchin. Lol

Attached Files:

SynDen likes this.
  9. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Welcome! Glad to have you.

10. Archit

Archit Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome!

11. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Welcome aboard! We’re always more than happy to help.

12. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

Hey Chris! Welcome aboard! There are some really cool, knowledgeable people in here! Were all here to help!