Hello MASC.

My name is Kevin, and I am completely new to saltwater fish. I got a 30 gal. tank two days ago, and I have determined that is going to be far too small, so I got a 55 gal today. I have been amazed by the beauty of saltwater tanks, and figured I would give it a shot. I have filled the tank with water and waiting for it to cycle so I can add some snails. At some point I hope to have a 200+gal. tank, but I don't have the space to commit to a tank that size.

Right now I am attempting to learn all I can so that I avoid the mistakes that commonly be fall newbie. Get a feel for the hobby, and learn how to properly maintain an eco-system. I am planning on attending the meeting and frag swap on 11/10/12. I hope I will be able to meet a number of you and to get any pearls of wisdom you may have to offer.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The best advice I can give you is to be patient don't rush it, that will be your biggest fall. Ask tons of questions. No question is to dumb except the question not asked. Post pics of your setup so we can add advice to what you can do or change if need be. Enjoy. There is a wealth if knowledge here.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Remember, the only dumb question in salt water is the one not asked.

Can't wait to see pics of your tank. You should start a build thread so you can document your progress.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club!.. You say you just got a 55g and have it filled with water already.... is the tank drilled? are you using an overflow of some such or just going HOB skimmer?

Smiley;202096 said:
Welcome to the club!.. You say you just got a 55g and have it filled with water already.... is the tank drilled? are you using an overflow of some such or just going HOB skimmer?
I don't have space for an enclosure (stand), so I had to go with a display tank. I have a hanging filter on the back. As my eco-system and my skills grow I may step up to a canister. I don't want to buy a lot of equipment that I will not be able to use in a larger tank.