1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Help identifying macro algae

Discussion in 'Saltwater Plants and Macro Algaes' started by AC2, Dec 3, 2018.

1. AC2

AC2 Copepod

I don't have a picture, but I'll try and describe it. It's long(2 inches) finger like green algae that appears to be calcium based as when you remove it you get a small sand storm for the lack of a better description. It has completely taken over my 45 gallon reef. Nothing seems to eat it so I'm fighting a loosing battle of removing it manually. Does anyone have an idea of what it is? Thanks

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

3. AC2

AC2 Copepod

That's very helpful, thanks

4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Based upon the description I was thinking it was the first image in the article, but it's hard to say without a pic.

5. AC2

AC2 Copepod

You would be correct. I've fought it for years. Now the tank will be torn down to start anew. It seems to be my only choice.