HELP!! wtt laptop repair for coral

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
i need some help!! my laptop screen has gone black, i replaced the screen inverter but still wont stay lit. if i shine a light on the screen you can see the desktop icons.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: HELP!! wtt laptop repair for coral

Recently went through this. What type of laptop is it?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's possible. My suggestion would be to test that by plugging the laptop in to an external monitor, if you have that option. I replaced the screen inverter on my Toshiba and the screen did the same thing before and after replacement. It ended up being a short in my motherboard that caused the issue, and the laptop was basically toast.

If you plug the computer in to an external monitor and it runs fine, then chances are you got either a bad inverter or just a bad connection either in the screen or going to the motherboard. If you plug it into an external monitor and the computer starts to act whacky after several minutes...you might have issues with the motherboard.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;252061 said:
That's possible. My suggestion would be to test that by plugging the laptop in to an external monitor, if you have that option. I replaced the screen inverter on my Toshiba and the screen did the same thing before and after replacement. It ended up being a short in my motherboard that caused the issue, and the laptop was basically toast.

If you plug the computer in to an external monitor and it runs fine, then chances are you got either a bad inverter or just a bad connection either in the screen or going to the motherboard. If you plug it into an external monitor and the computer starts to act whacky after several minutes...you might have issues with the motherboard.

+1

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well that's a good sign. Since you replaced the screen inverter, then it's probably the backlight that went bad. Call HP and see what they say...but you might need a new screen. :(

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh...also check to make sure that the button that depresses when you close the screen isn't stuck down for some reason. Sounds silly...but ya never know. ;)

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
i think its a bad connection or faulty invertor. screen comes on for a sec than i hear a odd buzzing than goes black. but the monitor works perfect

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wish I could help more...that's a few steps above my DIY ability with computers. Hope you get this resolved. :)