Howdy

Hi Guys,

I joined a couple weeks ago and here's my introduction... I got transferred to Wyoming (ugh) for work last spring and managed to stay off the aquarium habit for a year. Previously I had a 20H reef, followed by 55G FOWLR, 33G FOWLR, and finally 12G Nano Cube on my desk at work.

Unfortunately my SO moved back to Oregon and with all the extra time I had to find a hobby, right?

I bought a 29G tank locally, drove all the way to FoCo to get live rock, picked up a 24G aquapod on the way back for the heck of it, and got it all set up. Ended up making the aquapod freshwater planted tank, cycling the 29G and then immediately buying a 40G breeder at the $1/gallon sale.

So, over the last couple weeks I built a stand & sump, drilled the tank and ordered some other parts. I combined my 30+ pounds live rock out of the 29 with 15 pounds of reefcleaners dry rock and filled 'er up.

I guess I could go post a build thread if anyone is interested.

Anyway, I'm here because WY doesn't have jack as far as clubs go, so you guys are the next closest.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad to have ya! Yes we all want pics!!! Glad to hear your getting back in, if you need starter corals lmk and i can get ya some!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. Can't wait for pics.

Dbarnes;191656 said:
Glad to have ya! Yes we all want pics!!! Glad to hear your getting back in, if you need starter corals lmk and i can get ya some!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Here it is, then! http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?15471-Keyland-s-Tank I just copied and pasted about 3 weeks worth of posts and photos from another forum... Got lazy.

I got a couple little frags of some orange eye zoas but they weren't opening at all. Upon closer inspection the frags were covered with hydroids which were likely stinging the zoa's. I spent yesterday afternoon doing surgery and cutting all the polyps off and supergluing them onto a fresh piece of rock. Hope they make it.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey just to let you know there are a few of us Wyomingites on here, so you are not the only one. I have some crazy growing corals I trim back and give away every now and then. I'll let you know when I have some.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very nice. Where did you get the snowflakes from?