1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Hydroids

Discussion in 'Pests and Possible Troublesome Inverts' started by Haddonisreef, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Advice on getting rid of them? Starting to see them all over!:(

2. flyfish

flyfish Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Your copperband isnt keeping them down? I’ve heard kalk paste works as well

3. Haddonisreef

Negative and yet to try kalk paste

4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I've got some that i've had for years in a corner and never caused any issues....I recently read some stuff about them so figured i'd try getting rid of them, I hit them with aptasia X and it did nothing...

I think i'll try super gluing top next water change.

5. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Take the rock out and hit them with a propane torch for 10 seconds. Some will live and you will have to do this again.

Haddonisreef likes this.
  6. Haddonisreef

@jda123 Think I could drain the water on tank and blast the ones I can get to?

7. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

After you torch them, coat them like a powedered donut with fresh kalk. If you are quick and don't go crazy with the fire, most everything on the rock that you don't hit directly with the flame should survive. Wear goggles.

Haddonisreef likes this.