Identification

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 48" metal halide setup I'll sell ya for $100 it has 2 250 watt halides and 4 power compacts and led moon lights it need a ballast for the halides but pretty good deal considering I paid $1000 for it new you would have to replace the bulbs in 4-6 months

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It has legs to sit in top of the tank I'll look at it tonight to see how it would hang!! For the parts any 2-250 watt ballast will work I used a coralife for a while and then a galaxy my mind is drawing a blank on the brand lol

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think I have one, maybe two ballasts, they are not the best but they work, I will look for them.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I found two of the exact same lights on craigslist ones $500 and ones $200 with ballast I would do the $200 one due to you will have 300 into mine to get it up and running

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just probably a better deal for you if you don't have any ballasts around If you can find ballast I'll do $75

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

Okay, I will look around for some ballasts. I really wish that I could afford the LEDs in the group buy going on but, that is a bit much to pay for lights for a newbie. Especially after the cost to buy everything you needed to set up the tank. :(

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You may be able to get away with one of the led setups if you hung it high enough to get the spread the corals you have require very litthle light until you can afford another fixture. You could run your pc and the LEDs for a while

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

You think so? That would be cool if it will do the trick. I didn't think about running my existing bulb with the leds, I just saw where you needed two leds to cover the 75 gal tank. If I am going to spend $200 anyway and the leds are better then maybe I should get one. ;)

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dont know you could ask I never seen that fixture before to see the spread

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr