Innovative Marine Skimmer question. (desktop size)

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone besides me running this skimmer? My question is I've messed around with the skimmer ALOT and can't quite get it to sit as low as they have it tuned in the how to video.

I've seen a few videos on youtube that have that thing sitting almost flush w/ the tank and I have to keep mine 2-3 inches raised up. The only thing I can think of is that because of the altitude we suck in less air and that forces us to raise the level of the skimmer higher.

Thoughts?

I know we have about 15-20% less air up here. So if I'm figuring this right, we have less atmospheric pressure + less desense air getting sucked in makes so that you need to raise the height of the skimmer so that the pump has to work harder raising the water level so that it doesn't over flow.

That right? So basically the only way I could lower my skimmer body down more would be to decrease the inlet side of the pump so that it has to work harder on that side. Instead of raising it so it has to work harder to push the water UP!

Let me know if my thinking is right...

On a side note, Steve over at Innovative marine has been great. He has gone way above and beyond to help me with this.

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
I gave up on mine within the first month of having my Nuvo 16. I couldn't get it to sit right and I had a huge micro bubble problem. I moved to an Eshopps nano skimmer and haven't looked back :)