internal overflow

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry I am flooding this area with new threads, I just think of these things after I submit a new thread.

Because of my ordeal with the AC50, I am making a sump. I know I am drilling my tank, and I want it to look nice. The pump I have landed on is a rio 1700 from rob, and the bulkheads will be 3/4" (let me know if this all adds up)

I am wanting to make an internal overflow box, and I head acrylic works well, but would the plexiglass they sell at lowes work as well? I am going to paint the overflow and the back of the tank with black krylon fusion, since I heard that plexiglass turns yellow. But will plexiglass work just as well as acrylic?

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
internal overflow

Look into glass holes kit they seem to work well and are relatively cheap since they give you the hole saw bulkhead and all

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am thinking I'm going to build one, I got all the acrylic that i would ever need at lowes for $1.50, and I picked up another 20L at petco for $20 too... So if I can get this whole sump setup done under $60, i'll be more than happy. A 20L with a 20L sump? Seems good to me!

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
+1 on the glass holes

As for your question, I had a tank with an overflow that was "supposedly" painted with the same paint. Nothing but problems with it. And the paint came off all the damn time. IME