is this good or bad?

I'm new to acropora. I picked up an army green colored bottle brush acro frag about 6 weeks ago. I put it about mid level in my aquarium for the first 3 weeks then moved it up to the top. After a week it started to get bright lime green blotches on it, after another week the whole frag was lime green. I'm not sure if it's happy or I'm killing it. Any advice? The blotchy phase is the part that I find strange. I would have thought a color change would be slow and even.

Water parameters are

nitrates, nitrites, amonia = 0
phosphates = .025
calcium = 460
dkh = 8
ph = 8.2
salinity = 1.024
temp = 78
Lighting = LED 75w 14k on for 6 hours

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Your params are good LEDs are just really intense might wana lower back down for a little longer

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
newtoreef;265052 said:
Your params are good LEDs are just really intense might wana lower back down for a little longer
Plus 1. The white led's are super intense. I'd get some coral food and target feed a bit. Maybe once a week. Be careful not to over feed the tank though.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Turn the white side of the LED down to 20 or 30%. They are hurting the coral with too much of the wrong spectrum - yellow and green - that comes from the white LEDs. The is not a "too much" issue, rather a "too much of the wrong kind" issue.

Thanks for the replies. I've got a nanocube so I'm pretty sure I am stuck with the amount of white that is built in. I'll do a little research and see if I can find a controller. Until then, I'll move the coral down and see what happens.